Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Interview

I leaned back against the sofa I shared with two others person. Each person held either a large envelope or file in his or her hand. Everyone was nervous although they tried to look so relaxed. Actually I was so nervous too at that moment. This was my first interview.

The room that all the candidates were sitting in was air-conditioned. A girl was sitting in front of me. Deep in my heart, I did not like her although we did not know each other. She told me that this was her second interview and she was very confident to pass this interview due to her experience before. How proud she was! I just ignored her.

The door marked ‘Conference room’ opened and a young lady stepped out then she called my name. When entered the room, I saw three people were seated together behind a large long table. In front of them was a chair on which I was indicated to sit. I said good morning and one of them asked me to sit.

“Nor Fazreen Bt Kamarruddin? Please introduce yourselft,” asked the interviewer. Then I explained about myself. “You want to be a teacher? Why?” the same men asked.
“Yes, I want to be a teacher because I want to pass on all the knowledge and experiences to my students which I have attained throughout life as a student and educator,” I replied.
After the opening questions, I felt myself answering their questions confidently and spontaneously. Before left the room, one of the interviewers asked me a question, “why you did not want to be a doctor? You are Science students right?” Then I answered him, “although I am not a doctor but I know being a teacher, I can produce many doctors in the future. He was smiling at me and I shuffled out of the room after said thank you.

I felt so happy because I just finished my interview. After 1 month later, I got the result. I passed my interviewed very well. I got offered from University of Education Sultan Idris (UPSI) majoring in Biology. Now, I fell very happy because my dream to be a teacher comes true.

0 comments:

Post a Comment